Sunday, July 1, 2007

Breaking News:Ghanaian President welcomes heads of State:Welcome Speech By H. E. John Agyekum kufuor


Welcome Speech By H. E. John Agyekum kufuor

On behalf of the Government and people of Ghana and in my own name I welcome you all to Ghana. Ghana is a warm and beautiful country and we are delighted to host this important event, the Ninth Ordinary Session of the Assembly of African Union Heads of State and Government in our Jubilee year.

I thank my colleagues for this mark of trust and confidence reposed in Ghana to host the Summit.

As we deliberate on a Union Government for Africa during this Summit, it is my desire that we come up with very pragmatic and useful ideas in order to move our continent forward.

During your stay in Accra, kindly use your spare time to visit our beautiful sites. I wish you a happy stay in Ghana and hope you return with good memories of the proverbial Ghanaian hospitality.

Long live African Unity!

H.E. JOHN AGYEKUM KUFUOR
PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF GHANA

No comments: