Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Foday Makolo's alleged murder by APRC Gov't- Is this emailer trying to implicate Edward Singhatey and others or what???

Foday Makolo's alleged murder by APRC Gov't- Is this emailer trying to implicate Edward Singhatey and others or what???
From: Gasemal Wakh-lep
Date: Tuesday, July 10, 2007 8:27 AM
To: editor@freedomnewspaper.com
Subject: Clarification of a false rumour
Attachments: (none) HTML | Plain Text | Header | Raw Content
Dear Editor,
Allow me space to make a certain clarification on an issue that two of your contributors in the persons of Town Crier and Horomsi have cited in the recent past. I reffer to the killing of my former boss Mr Foday Makalo, alledgedly on the orders of President Yahya Jammeh. I hold no brief for Yahya for suffice it to note, that being one of the brothers of the late Almamo Manneh, I will be the last to come to the defence the African Hitler - Yahya Jammeh. However, let me come to the aid of Freedom for I love this newspaper.Pa, Foday Makalo is not dead. He is alive and kicking.

So when again someone sends a piece in which he or she alledges that Makalo is dead, please my brother, don't waste your precious space on that. I was with Foday a few days ago in Luanda and when I told him of the articles, he laughed and said, "well, you can bear witness that I have not been buried in Alhadgie Tabora Manneh's garden. What I detest, said Mr Makalo, is linking me with tampering with party funds. All party cheques were signed by me and honourable Edward Singhate. And none of us ever went to the bank. That was the responsibility of the bureau accountant Mr Ebou Secka. If it were true that I tampered with party funds, then honourable Singhate and Ebou ought to have been arrested as was to have been in my case. No my brother, the order for my arrest by the president hinges on an internal conflict within the political bureau masterminded by people who wanted Pa Modou Njie to be theAdminstrative Secretary instead of me. It is a long story but I will be getting in touch with the Freedom paper for a possible interview. You see, Yahya fell into the trap of the plotters but he certainly can't say what I did wrong for him as President to order for my arrest. My brother, the truth shall be told but if it be true that Yahya had ordered for my killing as he did for my arrest, well, I cerainly have not been killed." Mr Foday is today in Kumasi and if he has not yet spoken to you, he surely will in the very near future. Thanks.
..........................
Editors note: We hope this is not another cover up official reaction to hide the alleged murder of Foday Makalo. This is not the first time that Makalo is reported alive. The Daily Observer started the junk propaganda story to free the government from any blame. If he is alive let him speak out to allay fears entertained by Gambians. Interestingly, non of Makalo's family have confirmed having contacts with the former APRC bigwig. We need material evidence and not mere cover up statements calculated to mislead Gambians. Prove us wrong if Makalo is indeed alive. We shall be more than glad to interview him here at Freedom. The writer must be very close to the APRC because he metioned names of party officials. We thank the reader for being a Freedom Newspaper proclaimed fan. The most up to date information on Makalo's whereabouts is that he is dead. Period!!! Produce Makalo to end the sea of speculations and counter speculations...

Posted on Tuesday, July 10, 2007 (Archive on Tuesday, August 28, 2007)
Posted by PNMBAI Contributed by PNMBAI
Return


No comments: